INNOVATION: Lightweight GORE-TEX® Heat & Flame Garments with Pyrad® Fabric Technology
Protective clothing with Gore products is synonymous with durable foul weather protection, wearer comfort, and protection against numerous workplace hazards. Gore’s experience and unrelenting commitment to fitness-for-use ensure the right protection and comfort for different end-user requirements.
New: Gore® Pyrad® Fabric Technology
Gore has developed a unique technology that enables laminates made of traditionally non-FR textiles, such as polyamides and polyester, to offer burn protection in hazardous situations involving heat and flame exposure, while retaining the key benefits of rainwear. Laminates with GORE® PYRAD® Fabric Technology offer burn protection through self-extinguishing, thermal stability and excellent thermal insulation.
The most lightweight, comfortable GORE-TEX® laminate, which provides heat, flame and durable weather protection in combination with excellent wearing comfort for outdoor workers in the oil and gas industry.
Key features and benefits:
- Durably waterproof, windproof garments with optimized breathability offering foul weather protection
- Protection against heat and flame risks according to the relevant EN ISO standards (see right column)
- Durable homogenous antistatic properties prevent uncontrolled electrostatic discharge
- Low water pick-up and quick re-dry enable the wearer to stay comfortable in wet environments
- Lightweight, low bulk and good drape provide excellent wearing comfort and high freedom of movement
- Low bulk and good packability for easier transport
- Wide range of brilliant and low-fading colours (including EN 471 fluorescent orange and fluorescent yellow) provide hi-visibility and a long-lasting smart look
Heat and flame protection
The requirements of an FR garment mean that it must not onlyprovide a high level of flame resistance (self extinguishing after flame exposure), but also an adequate level of thermal insulation to minimize heat transfer and provide thermal stability, preserving the physical integrity of the material thus, minimising the risk of break-open and shrinkage. It is important that the garment will not break-open during and after flame exposure in order to protect the wearer. The laminate and seams must also comply with the requirements for limited flame spread as specified in EN 14116 and EN 11612. Tests show that when in contact with flames, the garment does not permit flame spread, does not form a hole, and immediately self-extinguishes (no after flame). The seams remain intact even when the burner flame impinges directly upon them.
Antistatic protection with Gore Antistatic Technology
The laminate offers full surface protection against electrostatic charging thanks to an extremely fine net of conductive carbon particles which are durably anchored in the GORE-TEX® membrane. Charges that occur are dissipated in all directions so there is no static discharge from the garment that could cause an ignition.
Lightweight FR protection
With a weight of only 220 g/m² the 2-layer laminate is the lightest in the main GORE-TEX® Heat & Flame laminate portfolio.
Excellent cost-performance ratio
Lightweight GORE-TEX® Heat & Flame Garments with PYRAD® Fabric Technology protect workers in several workplaces where FR protection is needed. It is tested to withstand 25 industrial washing and drying cycles at a washing temperature of 60°C, offering a long service life. Furthermore, protective clothing with this laminate complies with the requirements for the regular care and cleaning of flame resistant garments as quoted n the SUCAM guidelines.
- EN 343
- Flame resistant: ISO 11612 A1 B1 C1
- EN 1149/3
- EN 471 (fluorescent orange/yellow)
- EN 13034 Type 6
- Ökotex Standard 100