Don't think about GORE-TEX products. Think about getting your job done.
STAY SAFE OUT THERE
WITH LIGHTWEIGHT ARC RATED RAINWEAR.
Heavy rain in the morning. Rising temperatures in the afternoon. Long working days. It is tough to work outside in hard weather conditions. And in some jobs, it is getting even tougher. The risk of an electric arc incident can put electrical utility workers into extreme danger every day. Of course, there is norm compliant protective gear available – but those materials are heavy, bulky and absorb rain. In addition, on warmer days, you tend not to wear them. All this puts your protection at risk. Until now. Available for electrical utility: Arc rated GORE-TEX PYRAD® garments that stay lightweight and comfortable when wet or dry. They are durably waterproof and reliably protect you against the thermal hazards of an electric arc. Maximum comfort combined with the highest protection level. Be safe – whatever the challenge.
GORE® PYRAD® fabric technology
Flame retardant technology protection with non-FR textiles.
Durably waterproof, windproof and highly breathable
Material and garment construction are durably waterproof, windproof and highly breathable. Approved after rain tower test (EN 14360) new and after industrial laundry (ISO 15797, 60 °C).
Blocks convective heat flow during arc exposure
GORE® PYRAD® fabric technology blocks convective heat flow during arc exposure and stops flame propagation by forming a carbonaceous char with the textile.
”THE LIGHTNESS OF THE TEST JACKET IS SUCH A BONUS BECAUSE MY HARNESS IS SO HEAVY‘‘ END-USER QUOTE
Ratio Arc Rating / Weight
”THE TEST JACKET DRIES REALLY WELL‘‘ END-USER QUOTE
- Protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electric arc
- EN 61482-1-2, Class 2 (7kA)
- EN 61482-1-1, 49,1 cal/cm² corresponding to Hazard Risk Category 4 according to NFPA 70E
- Clothing to protect against heat and flame, EN ISO 11612 A1, A2, B2, C1, D2, E1, F1 clauses 7.2 – 7.6 (code letters B, C, D, E, F) tested with 120 g/m² aramide/viscose (50:50) lining
- Protective clothing for use in welding and allied processes, EN ISO 11611 class 2 A1 clauses 6.8 – 6.10 tested with 120 g/m² aramide/viscose (50:50) lining
- High Visibility Clothing, EN ISO 20471 HI-VIS yellow, HI-VIS orange, HI-VIS red
- Protection against Rain, EN 343 class 3/3
- Electrostatic properties, EN 1149-3/-5
- Protective Clothing against Liquid Chemicals, EN 13034 Type 6
- Rain Tower Test, EN 14360